The Field Audit and Investigation Unit of IRD is responsible for conducting field audits and investigations on businesses and individuals with a view to combating tax evasion and avoidance. Back tax is assessed and penalties are generally imposed where discrepancies are detected. The IRD imposes short time limits for the field audit and tax investigation, please contact us as soon as you received any tax investigation letters from IRD.
Our services include:
- Advise clients on the procedures and the effect of field audit / tax investigation conducted by IRD
- Conduct audit and assessment on client’s financial affairs before IRD’s initial interview meeting to identify potential problem areas and assess the financial impact of these in advance.
- From the results of our audit and assessment, plan and formulate the handling strategy of such audit and investigation.
- Assess the number and quantity of potential understatements and their related penalty.
- Our Tax Audit Specialized Team will follow up each case closely until the completion of the case. Our team will accompany the client to attend all IRD interviews, meet IRD’s case officers and handle the technical areas until the completion of case.
- After negotiation with IRD’s case officer, formulate a favorable settlement proposal and submit this to IRD on client’s behalf.
- Negotiate with IRD for favorable resolution of a case in relation to a tax penalty.